Wednesday, August 20, 2014

Part II of my Journey- Week 4 in Kerala at Greens Ayurvedic Clinic-

I left Nagpur early on Sunday for the airport and caught a plane to Kozichode which is in Kerala. A large state on the southwest coast which seems to be the size of California. I then took a 2 hour taxi ride which is an experience all in itself. You just have to trust that it is not your time to go and relax. The driving is so crazy but there is some kind of flow these people are in. There are horns blowing every second and there are very few traffic lights. They just head into the intersection and blow the horn and then just nearly miss other cars, motorbikes- that may have a family of 4 on it with no helmets, dogs, cows, and pedestrians.

I arrived at my next destination, Greens Ayur Center, which is an Ayurvedic Clinic that does training's and treatments. This is a place I learned about from one of my teachers. I am now undergoing the traditional treatments for 7 days and it is a fulfillment of a desire I have had for many years. I have waves of feeling homesick, missing my family and my cats but this is an opportunity that may not come again so I will make the most of this unique time.


  1. Medicine Man- he makes most of the medicated oils & tablets for the center.



Fresh Coconut from the tree! This is Saneesh, one of the therapists here, who just climbed up this tree like it was nothing. You can see how he protected his feet which also assisted him in getting up & down easily.



 

This is Viola, she is from Germany and has been studying Ayurveda here for 3 months.



The Three Indian women to the right are Ayurvedic Doctors who live on site 
and are in Internship with Dr. Asghar who has created a lovely place here.

















1 comment: