Thursday, July 24, 2014

The First Teaching~ Be happy, surrender and the teacher will appear.

And he did on the international flight to Mumbai!
I was nervous about reaching Mumbai and doing the overnight transfer. My friend Arjun said, “Surrender” and I think I did. This amazing thing happened when I relaxed. In Newark airport I spotted a man that looked much like the picture I had seen of Dr. Joshi. I didn’t want to approach him so I let it go. But some 13 hrs into the flight I was up stretching my legs and this same man came to stand next to me. I pushed through my hesitation and I asked him. “ Are you Dr. Joshi?” He said, “ Yes”. I said, “ Sunil Joshi?” He said, “ Yes”. WOW. 


      What an auspicious encounter to meet him on the plane. He was also quite happy to meet me and said that in 20 yrs of teaching he had never met a student on the plane before. He offered to help me get transferred and all the concern I had about staying in the airport or hotel vanished.






1 comment:

  1. wow! that is wonderful. i'm glad that worked out so well for you. =)

    ReplyDelete